Sunday, January 3, 2021

Men In My Life

Since Greg's death on 14 August 2019, it would appear that I no longer have a man in my life. I don't date. I don't meet anyone for lunch. I don't have anyone over to watch movies.

But that doesn't mean that I don't have a man in my life, because I do. Two, actually. Two men whose love for me was greater than I deserved. Two men whom I love heart and soul. Two men whom I will grieve for until my last breath.

These two men are Greg and Daddy.

Yes, both of them are in their graves, beyond my reach. Both of them left my life far too soon. Both of them gave me strength and courage through their love for me.

Neither of them can ever be replaced. It would be futile to try.

These two men and I will continue to be bound together by love that knows no end. By love that strengthens me and gives me the courage to continue in life without them.

How could I ever hope for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment