Monday, April 26, 2021

Tomorrow Through Yesterday

I’ve always liked music, just about any genre. Although music has always affected my emotions, it hadn’t had a huge impact on them until after Greg’s death. Now, the least bit of any music, sad or joyful, can bring me to tears.

Yesterday, for some inexplicable reason, I was thinking about Air Supply’s “I Can Wait Forever.” I looked up the lyrics and listened to the song. At the side of the screen was a listing of other Air Supply songs. One was “Here I Am.” I’m not familiar with their music so I looked at those lyrics also.

Two very different songs -- one of love that could be consummated tomorrow, one of a love from yesterday.

Both songs made me melancholy, caused me to think about my yesterdays and tomorrows.

All my yesterdays that will be there through all my tomorrows. All my yesterdays that will shape how I view all my tomorrows.

All my yesterdays. All my tomorrows. Can I wait forever to see my tomorrows move away from grief? Can I see my tomorrows without viewing them through my yesterdays? Can I live my tomorrows without feeling I am betraying my yesterdays?

Questions I cannot answer. I don’t know if there are answers.

Here I am. Memories aplenty. Missing Greg. Grief at bay for the day.

I will wait for new tomorrows. Hopefully not forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment